Monday, March 19, 2007

My day of PB'ing

Good morning fellow or soon-to-be bandsters. On Saturday, I had a terrible time with what seemed to be everything that I ate. It was pretty awful. I was in alot of pain and ended up giving up on eating by the end of the day. I started my day with a cup of tea and a berocca performance tablet. Then, as I was attending some lectures I stopped off at Macca's on the way to get some breakfast. Instead of my usualy 2 hashbrowns, 2 sausage McMuffins and large vanilla thickshake, I had 1 hashbrown and 1 mcmuffin. After finishing my hashbrown, I was full, so put my muffin away for later. I had my mcmuffin around 10:30am, which I ate slowly (took around 20 mins to eat). Felt fine.

Lunch was provided consisting of pasta, salad and pizza. I had 1 small spoonful of pasta, 1 slice of pizza and 1 small amount of salad. I only ate probably two pieces of pasta when I got the "pain" again, and so had to excuse myself to burp the contents of my stomach up. I then developed the hickups... which didn't stop for 2 hours!!!

Finally the hickups stopped and I was hungry ... because I'd hardly had any lunch. So I picked up a cheese burger on the way home. One bite and I was back to hickupping and PB'ing. Thank god I had a maccas bag in the car, because I PB'd into that while driving!!! NASTY! (imagine having to explain that to the cops!!!)

That was the end of food for me for the day. I think from all the PB'ing and hickupping my stomach was swollen and nothing was getting through, so I decided to just drink liquids for the rest of the day. Strange thing was, the next day I was back to normal with my food. I have no idea why my band was playing up so much on Saturday.

On the upside, I lost 500g this week! *lol*

Ok, that's it from me for today.

LBG xx

2 comments:

Bunny said...

Hiya Erika, Just wondering, but did you have a problem with the bread from your muffin at all. I wonder maybe because you had bread mid morning, and I think them mcmuffins are quite drying, you might have 'dried out' a little or something...? just an idea. Pre fill I could eat all those things, and I havent attempted them yet.
Can you descibe the pain more? I have like a hard feeling between by boobs when I eat... It lasts a long time, so I am wondering if that is the feelign you get when you are full, or if I have eaten too much/quickly.
Cool blog Erika, you sound like a whirlwind of action!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Erika,

I'm yet to be banded, so take anything I say with a grain of salt! My nutritionist did say to me that I'd have to avoid white bread or doughy products that could cause a "plug". Just wondering with the muffin + the pizza base if this could have been the case?
Cheers,
Cate