Monday, March 5, 2007

First Fill Today!

Good Morning Everyone! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. I am so excited today cos I'm having my first fill. *yay* This is the day I have been waiting for. I have been banded for 4 weeks and 3 days and I'm pretty much eating normally again (which is great... but not so great). I can definitely feel a little restriction but not exactly what I was expecting and so I have been a little disappointed that I haven't had much weight loss since the first two weeks after the op. I know that the first 4 weeks is about healing and that weight loss is secondary to that... but I'm still a little disappointed with myself.

So I think that is why today is so important and exciting. Today I will be getting 5mL put into my band. My first fill. I'm not worried at all about the pain of the needle or anything like that. I just want to have a fill so I can get on with losing weight!! *lol* Impatient buggar aren't I!! I'm looking forward to experiencing REAL restriction, to be able to leave food on my plate and not feel like I'm missing out on the eating experience!! I'm looking forward to watching the kg's drop off week after week!

I also have a psychologists appointment today! I'm looking forward to that as well, maybe she/he will uncover some deep dark secret as to why I'm fat. *lol* I think it's just because I love food, I love the physical act of eating, love feeling full, feeling contented, love flavours, love trying new things, love cooking... love EVERYTHING food! I think mentally I'm going to feel like I'm missing out when I physically can't eat food that I want to eat... that's going to be hard to me.. to look at the left over food on my plate, or the buffet table knowing I haven't tried everything at least once...

So, I'm sure some of you might be interested in what foods I'm eating now that I'm banded, 4 weeks in and with no fill:

BF: 1 wb, 1 tbs unprocessed bran, skim milk (fairly mushy/milky) and large coffee
MT: cup-a-soup or small packet of chips (25g) or fruit cup
L: 1 sandwich and fruit or 2 cups left overs from the night before
AT: This varies... depends on how much I eat for lunch
D: 1 cup rice/pasta, 3 tbs sauce and veges, 100g meat (before I would of had at leat 2 cups of rice/pasta) - or 2 slices of pizza (vegetarian is my fave), 2 pieces garlic bread (before I could eat 4-5 peices before the band plus half a long garlic bread!!!)
S: strawberry milk or icecream 1-2 scoops (depends, normally I'm not that hungry after dinner)

It will be very interesting to see how much I will be able to eat after I have my first fill. Can't wait!! Will post tomorrow and let you know how it all goes!!! :) On fluids for 24 hours after the fill too, so will get out my optifast again :)

Much Love ...

LBG xx

P.S. Good luck Shelley for your surgery at the end of the month! Keep in touch and let me know how you do! :)

No comments: