Friday, February 18, 2011

The BIG picture..

A few of my WLS blogging buddies are struggling with their lack of weight loss at the moment. I am hearing you loud and clear. I GAINED a kilo this week... WTF.. I got a fill and I gained? I didn't eat alot, I exercised 4 times during the week... and I gained.. fuckety fuck fuck.. I had chocolate tonight after dinner cos I was just thinking fuck the world, I might as well eat some fucking chocolate..

But I gotta keep reminding myself that there is a bigger picture. Yes, I would LOVE to be a size 12... but I'm not... Yes, I would love to be able to look at myself naked in the mirror and not cringe at what I see... but I don't...

The bigger picture for me:

1. I have an awesome loving husband, that doens't see me as fat.. he loves me for me.
2. I am a mummy to a wonderful little boy who continues to amaze me and melt my heart at every little thing he does.
3. I am still 20kg lighter than my heaviest weight
4. I exercise, and I exercise HARD. I love to sweat... I'm so glad exercise isn't a chore for me. because I exercise, I know I am improving how my body functions.
5. I eat well... I am slowing down or even stopping the chance of getting heart disease, cancer, osteoporosis. I will be around to see my grand babies grow up!

So yeah, big picture... when the scales aren't moving... look at the big picture. Sometimes it's the only thing that keeps me focused.

Thanks for reading!

LBG xx

12 comments:

April @ Composed by April said...

I am struggling with weight gain big time currently, partially because i was forced to have my band removed due to a chronic stomach infection, partially due to pregnancy.

Any tips on how you dealt with weight gain through pregnancy? I know that i need to make wise food choices, and I do majority of the time, however being hungry has become such a forign concept to me that I struggle with it

xo

April

Maybe This Time said...

LOVE this posting!!! Sometimes we get SOOOOO caught up in the small stuff that we ignore the amazing truths of the "big picture." what a blessing you have in each and every number of your list. thanks for giving us all a little focus...

btw-choked on my coffee and had to clean my screen on "fuckety-fuck-fuck"....so using that one!

Em said...

You'll get there I know it! You're an absolute inspiration to me!

Em :)

Delicia said...

Hello! I found you via google search. My husband and I are looking into Lap Band, it was suggested by an ER doc last week for him due to lots of health probs related to obesity.

I'm trying to get a handle on this as a life-long decision. I'm going to go back and start reading your blog from the beginning but anything else you want to share would be great. I'm a little freaked out by the thought of having a piece of equipment just under the skin forever..

Shelley

Anonymous said...

Hello...... I have enjoyed reading your blog!!! I just started one also....

http://thisonetime-atbandcamp.blogspot.com/

Christine said...

Thanks for this blog LBG! I am looking into getting a lapband and have been trying to do a little research online. Found your blog and have been skimming through it over past couple of days. Thanks for sharing. I'm a bit scared of the whole thing and reading your story makes it better. Will keep reading! Thanks!

Tina said...

Way to go. I mean sometimes we work so hard and we just need a little break. I have just started my journey. I haven't gotten my first fill and i am holding on for dear life. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Don't get discouraged. You may just be gaining muscle from your workouts.

Anonymous said...

muscle weight maybe? humid weather causing fluid retention? chill! as long as the general trend is downward xxx

gastricbands.blogspot.com

kkarryall said...

I love your blog! I have the lap band too...I am almost three years post op. I love the positive affirmations you listed...I do the same thing when I get off track! Keep up the great work :) I just started my own blog recently about what it's like to be banded three years out...Check it out if you'd like.

http://amyslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/

Caitlyn said...

I'm starting my LapBand journey and I just need people that can relate! I'm really nervous!

Anonymous said...

Hi I had the lap band done in 2006< have had no problems> my weight loss maxed in the first year since than I maintain with getting fills every so often. But I find as soon as I eat just alittle more than I should alittle weight comes back about 5lbs
And that %lbs take forever to loss,I usually have to go for a couple fills to get it off>Will we ever beable to eat normal without being afraid to put weight on?I never did reach my goal.