Friday, February 15, 2008

Comment on a Comment

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say thanks to the two posters who left a comment on my blog post earlier this morning. Just to update you all, I'm doing HEAPS better today with my food - Everything has kept down so far and I've had vitawheats with cheese, mango, cereal and rice thins. So far so good!!

I think I know why I've been a bit tighter than normal - I think it's because of the stress I have at home at the moment. I don't really want to go into it at the moment, but my eating patterns and types of foods that I am eating are alot different to what I'm use to, mostly because of the visitors we've had stay with us over the past few days. I find that when I stress my band does get tighter. When I was away the week before it definitely wasn't as bad and I was having lots of protein and veges.

Also, I find that once I throw up once, my stomach around the band gets swollen and takes a while to get back to normal - if I eat when it's swollen, it just gets worse and worse until I struggle with even keeping my saliva down. I think that's what happened yesterday!

I'm going to wait until my next appointment (25th March) and see if my food intake has normalised. If it hasn't I'll be asking for some fill out.

Thank you all so much for reading and commenting... I take all your advice and feedback on board.

Getting this band was still the best thing I could have done for myself... for those of you thinking about getting a lapband... DO IT!!

LBG xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I stumbled across your blog from following the trail of friends. I loved reading it ... and I've gone way back. Your honest, open and tell it how it is, having a band isn't easy and its not always just the satisfaction of losing another kilo.

I do hope you get your throwing up sorted out, even us fatties with bands don't want that for a life, although it appears some people think that is our life!

Keep telling them how it is, the good and the bad, education is the only way everyone will understand our choice of being banded.
All the best
hugs

Unknown said...

I so need to read both your posts before I comment on one of them. Hopefully things will calm down soon and you can get back to normal. It really is just one meal at a time isn't it. So much to learn.