Thursday, March 15, 2007

2nd Fill - what a difference!!

So I had my second fill yesterday. I had 2.5mL put in, so now I've got 7.5mL in a 10mL band = 3/4 restriction. My goodness, I can definitely feel the difference now.. it's GREAT! Even liquids, even though they are still going down, they're taking alot longer to go down. I'm also gurgling a bit more which my fiancee thinks is absolutely hilarious! I'm sitting here at the moment trying to finish 1 weet bix. I'm on my second mouthful, and I don't think I will be able to get much more down - FANTASTIC! *lol*

Also doing alot more chew chew chewing, and thank goodness I haven't had another PB episode! I am so stoked at my level of restriction now.. now the weight loss will well and truely begin (fingers are firmly crossed).

Good news also, between my first fill (last thursday 8/3) and my second fill (yesterday 14/3) I lost 1 kg, which I am really happy with because I'm (only) losing 500g a week at the moment. My Dr said that he's going to aim for a restriction that provides 1-1.5kg/week weight loss. 1.5kg a week loss every week would be like my dream come true!!!

Next fill is on 28/3... Yay!

Ok, that's it from me. Will update soon!

LBG xx

P.S Hello to Lauren who's left me a lovely comment on my blog! Good luck with setting that date for your surgery!!!

2 comments:

Libby said...

Hi LBG,

I was so inspired to find your blog through a link on Yahoo's Lapband Message Board.

I am 27 and had my band put in in January 2005. I have had so much trouble loosing weight and the band didn't prove to help much. Not only did I struggle with eating many many foods, I had a lot of trouble maintaining focus and motivation. So in September 2005 I joined Weight Watchers (which I'd previously been successful on - long story...) to help me with the motivation and focus aspects. In December 2005 I had all the fill removed from my band and went with WW. Anyway, a year on, although I lost some weight, I've put it back on and am frustrated. So I've made an appointment to get my band filled again and I'll try again.

So I was really pleased to find you're blog as you're about my age, and my weight (SW: 117.4kg; CW: 111.8kg; GW: 62kg; Personal Goal - anything in double figures).

I wish you the very best of luck and hope that you get to your goal. I hope I can share some of a happier journey with you too!

Cheers, Libby.

Anonymous said...

So glad to have found your blog. Am having my lap band put in on March 24th and I don't know how anyone survives on the liquid diet! Keep blogging - it's been a huge help in getting me prepared for my surgery...