Saturday, July 18, 2009

Band Tightness

Fuck my band annoys me sometimes. I'm really struggling with food at the moment. I can't eat anything without adding something (like a sauce or mayo) to make it more "slippery" which is what I know I shouldn't be doing. I struggle with pureed fruits and yoghurt - it feels like it just sits there for what seems like forever. The pressure in my chest gets so uncomfortable. I've started having cup of soups for lunch because it's the only think I can eat "quickly" with my colleagues without raising eyebrows. When I go out for lunch I am literally limited to SOUP. If I can't order soup I make some excuse that I'm not hungry and just order coffee. I went out with my bestie for lunch yesterday - she had a lovely looking salad, and I had a cup of potato and leek soup. And even then a couple of times I thought I might of had to excuse myself to find a bathroom...

Yet my fill hasn't changed since January of this year! I'm going to talk to my fill doctor next month and ask if I should have some fill taken out or just leave it. I just feel like I'm missing out on all the good stuff.. all the healthy foods, salads, vege, proteins etc. And Im becoming more conscious of my diet now that I'm reading into conception and fertility. I am still taking Berocca performance every day, so I know my vit and min intake is well covered...

Im just a little jacked off with the whole thing. Not only can I not eat, I'm not losing weight on what I am eating!! (and I know it's because I get jack of trying to eat normal food that I go to icecream, chocolate and adding sauce to everything to try and get it down).

Rant Over.

LBG xx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world! The last time I had fill put in was November last year I think, since then I've had 3 removals! They can't seem to explain why it feels like I'm in sweet spot ville and then all of a sudden, reflux & PB city. Too weird hey. But I think the best option is to have a bit of fill removed. Yeah it's scary but you shouldn't have to live on soup.

Lady Lap Band said...

I wonder if you aren't loosing because you aren't eating enough because you have too much of a fill. Our bodies tend to hold onto fat if it think we are starving ourselves so may that is it. You should talk to you doc for sure. I hope it gets better for you!

Breanne

www.ladylapband.com

Lady Lap Band said...

Sorry you are having such a hard time! I wonder if you are not loosing because you aren't eating enough. I've been told when you don't eat enough the body can hold on to fat bc it thinks its being starved. You should def talk to your doc bc who wants to eat soup all the time! I hope it gets better for you soon!

Breanne
www.ladylapband.com

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain this feeling comes and goes but it is horrible. I really thought I would be limited to what I could eat and I am but that's because its so annoying or painful or I get sick. :-(

Living in a Lap Band World said...

I wanted to say hello! I just found your blog. I was banded 11 months ago. Do you think that you are to tight? I was for the last 4 months. Eating all those slider foods. I am so use to losing 10 pounds a month with each fill but this time not 1 damn pound. It is my own fault for not taking care of being to tight and only eating foods that I know will go down wirh ease.