Monday, January 22, 2007

Optifast - The Journey Begins

Day 3 on Optifast and I've lost 1.3kg already! WooHoo! These past few days were pretty tough though. I had a low carb meal on Friday night to help set me up for the start of optifast on Saturday. I went to a spin class in the morning and had my first optifast shake... Ok, so it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but 15 mins after I drank it, I was starving again. Not a good start! I managed to go 3 hours before I had my next shake. The rest of the afternoon was a write off. I had to lie down for the rest of the day. I had a low carb meal for dinner and my energy picked up a little but started to develop a bit of a sore throat. Sunday I was pretty sick with the flu, so didnt' have a lot of energy. I only had one optifast in the morning and then a low carb meal in the evening. We went to the movies in the afternoon and I managed to get past the popcorn and choc-tops and enjoyed a diet coke and some sugar free lollies.
Today, while I'm feeling pretty lousy, I don't have those hunger pangs I was having on the weekend. I think the "initial stage" has passed. Hopefully I'll be able to deal with the temptations that present me during the next two weeks!

11 sleeps to go!!!

LBG xx

No comments: