Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Quad Burger



Have you guys seen the new Hungry Jacks Quad Burger that has just been released? It contains 4 beef patties, 4 slices of cheese, BBQ sauce, 2 rashers of bacon on sugared buns. Where is the salad, you may ask. Well there is none. Now I'm a big big fan of the whopper, because of the fact that the salad is REAL - real chunks of tomato, onion and lettuce, not like the shrivelled variety that graces the burgers of Macdonalds. But I am dissapointed by this latest creation. The calorie intake of this monstrosity equates to half a females average daily energy requirement, not to mention the 70g of fat! At over 1000kcal, eating this burger would be all I would be allowed to eat all day, and I wouldn't be getting any nutrition. Funnily enough, this buger has been selling in the US since 2006!!!! The first time I saw this burger on TV, I must admit, I did salivate at the thought of biting into the soft bun, feeling the meat juice flow onto my tongue, chew slowly through the layers of meat and cheese and taste the tang of the BBQ sauce. But the more I look at it, the sicker I feel. I would much prefer a wrap with crunchy salad and meat, with maybe some fetta, low fat bacon, low fat beef patty, loads of salad stuff like lettuce, tomato, spanish onions, capsicum, cucumber with a delish dressing of some sort... DELISH!!! Give me subway anyway over that poor excuse for a burger!!

What amuses me the most about this Quad burger (or Stacker Burger as it's known in the US)... is that there is actually a Wikipedia page for this thing!!! Hilarious!

Anyhoo, on the lap band front. My hunger has returned, but not as much as I thought it would. I'm able to drink properly now so have been enjoying Berocca in the morning as well as tea (I love tea!). I ate some baked beans at lunch yesterday (you know, the mini cans) and I was able to eat it slowly over 20 mins and I was filled to the brim. Best thing was that I still felt the restriction a little. I have been drinking a whole lot more since the unfil, and I've put on a bit of fluid weight (which is totally fine cos I knew I was really dehydrated). Yesterday for dinner I had half a baked potato and a chicken cordon bleu. Took me ages to eat, but felt very comfortable and felt restricted and full after the meal.

I went for a run/walk this morning. I jogged/walked 10 laps around the oval near my home. Burnt 550cal and exercised for 40 mins. Did some squats and lunges before heading home. Feel good! Tomorrow I'm going to do a 6:15spin class.

That's all from me today. Have a good one!

LBG xx

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I heard about this burger on the radio this morning and I felt ill thinking about it. Although I'm not one to knock back a Maccas or HJs on occasion, the thought of this was just too much. I think it was because I was also driving to work and feeling full after one slice of toast with cheese and tomato (gosh eight weeks ago it would have been double or more than that!). It's funny with Subway but the smell of the shops makes me feel ill - is it their bread? Anyway, I agree that I've been getting obsessive about teh scales. WHat you say about the exercise notch up is correct but I can't do much more than walk until my 6-week post op check up. I think I'm just wanting too much too soon. You are doign so well - what an inspiration you are to us newbies!
Mel

Unknown said...

I think I just felt my arteries hardening looking at that - ewwwww. Give me something with vegies every time.

Great work on the exercise - and I'm so relieved you aren't dehydrated anymore.

Unknown said...

Yeah.... that burger sounds feral. Why would someone want to do that to their body? Ewww.
Great work with the exercise!!
I've been drinking more water too and loving it!