Monday, April 13, 2009

Weight Gain Misery... time to bite the bullet!

What a fabulous long long weekend! Friday I was at the Easter Show all day and did some heavy duty walking. Saturday was a pump class in the morning and then some relaxing in the afternoon. Sunday I went for a walk with a friend in the afternoon and today saw me at the gym for 2 hours doing a step class and a pump class and burning 1184 cals and then in the afternoon hubby and I went to bunnings to pick up some paint to finish up our apartment.

Can't believe the weekend is already over!

So now to the serious stuff...

I weighed in at 92.4kg today. I am a little over it.. I must say. I exercised my butt off this week. Nearly 3000 cals burnt, 4 hours of exercise over 6 days.. I mixed it up, walking, spinning, boxing and weight lifting and I gain weight.. like WTF?!?! I am due for my period in the next couple of days so maybe that's it. I am definitely contemplating a fill.. but I'm soooooooo undecided. There have been meals where I have been really tight and haven't done well with food and other days when I can drink 15 mins after a meal and I don't feel full. I'm actually really scared of going back to my fill surgeon cos he's going to be so so mad at me for putting on weight since my last visit... *sigh*. I have to admit, I have been eating in a few norti foods... but my over all food intake is seriously soooooo much less than what I used to have.. I have been adding some condiments in like tartare sauce and mayonnaise... But compared to what I used to have, it's so so much less, so I don't understand why the weight gain.

It really confuses me, because if I want to maintain the 90 odd kg then I have to eat 2500 cals / day and NOT exercise. To maintain a weight of 75kg (goal weight) I have to eat 2000 cals and NOT exercise. I can't imagine that I am eating over 2500 calories every day... but I don't understand why I'm not losing weight. I know that my body loves this weight.. and I don't really know what it's like to be any lower than around 86kg..

I guess the worse thing is, is that last August my lowest weight was 83.4kg (after being over filled.. which wasn't fun either!!)... so tragically I've put on around 9kg in 8 months... that really really depresses me.. I didn't really think about it until today. Something needs to be done.. but what? A fill methinks!

To be honest, the reason why I haven't booked in for a fill is because I am so ashamed of my weight gain.. I'm not sure if I really need a fill, but I know one will definitely help. I should really bite the bullet and book on in.

I just want to say though (to make myself feel a tad better)... that I have kicked exercise butt these past few weeks. I am a machine and I feel myself getting stronger every day. I feel the best I have ever felt... ever.. that's got to count for something right?

Anyhoo, enough whining from me. I'm going to give it a good go this week with the food intake and exercise and see what the scales say next weekend... then I'll decide about the fill situation.

Thanks for Listening!!!

Happy Easter! :)

LBG xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Has your body changed shape? I know when I'm going exercise crazy the scales often go nowhere but clothes fit very differently. Make that appointment - they are there to help you not judge you. I know, hard to accept.