Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Monday 17th November - Food and Exercise Diary

A pretty good day for food and exercise yesterday. Here's how it panned out:

6:00am - Berocca Performance
7:30am - 40 min on Cross Trainer (450 cals burnt)
9:00am - Yoghurt - 150cal
11:00am - Pepitas/brazil nuts 20g - 150cal
12:30pm - avocado, feta, pine nut, turkey breast, cucumber and tomato salad (1 cup no dressing) - 200 cal
4:00pm - 1/2 cut fruit Salad (watermelon, peaches, strawberry, blueberry) - 100 cal
7:00pm - Home Made Potato and Leek soup - 300 cal
9:00pm - 2 fun size milky way 100 cal

Total cals consumed: 1000 cal
Total cals burnt: 450 cal

This morning I did a spin class and burnt 520 cals. My max HR was up at 165bpm and my average was 145bpm... I wore my new size 14 short shorts to spin. I must admit, this was a pretty big deal for me as I don't do shorts.. especially the ones that show pretty much most of my leg. Luckily I don't have alot of loose skin around my thighs. My constant efforts at Spin Classes have made sure that my legs are relatively toned compared to the amount of weight I have lost. As soon as the lights went out and the music started, I forgot I was wearing them and was able to move more freely... it was also a heap cooler than the longer bike pants! Bit of a NSV there! Especially because the size 14 shorts aren't tight around my waist and feel great on (i.e. They don't feel like I am squeezing into them and should really be wearing a size 16 but I'm just kidding myself... they feel like I am meant to wear them.. which is still really foreign to me).


Tonight is Left over Potato and leek soup... so freaking delish. Here's my recipe:

Serves 4:

3 large potatos peeled and chopped
1 leek chopped
1 onion chopped
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp lite sour cream
2 cups chicken stock
chives to garnish

Butter in pan, add onions and leeks and cook until soft but not quite brown. Mix in potatoes until covered in onion/leek mixture and cook for around 2 mins. Add chicken stock and simmer on a relatively low heat for around 20mins. Once potato is soft, take off heat and blend until smooth. Stir in sour cream. Serve and garnish with Chives. Salt and Pepper to taste.

Over and out from me!

LBG xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Exercise bike is the main reason for leg crunches, but with crunches; your torso does most of the movement. Lie on the mat again with your lower back pressed flat. Place your hands at your sides or by your head, whichever is more comfortable.

Melanie said...

You are eating really well it seems and I love that recipe. Thanks
Mel