Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wednesday 19th November 2008 - Food and Exercise Diary

I am really stoked by my fitness improvement over the past few months. My weight has not budged, not a single kilo.. but people are telling me that I look like I've lost weight. I did a great exercise session yesterday - 30 mins on the cross trainer and then 10 minutes jogging at 8km/hour non stop. When I first started jogging I could barely do 1 minute at 7.2km/hour before stopping and so I can definitely see the difference. I'd like to be able to jog for 20mins non stop and then do 4km jogging non stop, but that's something I'm going to have to build up towards. Exercise for me isn't a chore anymore. I enjoy it. I get on a machine and let my body just work hard. It definitely does help having some dance tunes on your i-pod and having HR monitor so you can track your progress. Anything that can help you get motivated. I would just die if I lost my i-pod. I've had it for over 3 years and it is my best friend when it comes to exercise. I just work that much harder when I've got good music to listen to. I can still exercise without the i-pod, but it's just not the same.. I work out for less, at less intensity.

Anyhoo, back to food and exercise for yesterday. My food intake wasn't too bad:

6:00am - Berocca Performance
7:30am - 40mins exercise (450 cals burnt)
9:00am - 2 cups of tea made on skim milk, 1 cup of watermelon (150 cals)
11:00am - 40g mixed raw nuts (200 cals)
1:00pm - 1 can baked beans (the small one) and 1 slice of cheese (250 cals)
4:00pm - 1 tea & 1 cream filled biscuit (100 cals)
7:00pm - 1/2 chicken schnitzel (150cal), baked pumpkin (50cal), 10 small wedges (200cal)
9:00pm - Skim Strawberry Milkshake (150 cal)

I didn't drink much water today, so will be changing that today. Now that I've stopped having the protein shakes in the morning I've found that I'm less hungry in the morning if I have fruit. The mixed raw nuts I usually eat over the space of around 30mins. And I wasn't really that hungry for lunch so I left some of my beans.

OK, that's all from me. 1 more day to go until the weekend!

LBG xx

No comments: