Monday, November 24, 2008

Learning how to eat again

I think I've forgetten how to eat with a band. I was eating lunch today, which wasn't all that exciting. I had a small portion of baked salmon (maybe 50-75g), 4 x 1cm sized cubes of baked pumpkin and about 2 tablespoons of zucchini and broccoli. This was left overs from dinner. I started with the salmon as I always try and get the protein in first. I then started on the pumpkin because it was easy to eat. I got to the last piece of pumpkin and really slowed down. I managed to eat the last piece and by then I'd been eating for 20 mins. I was full... and I really didn't want my veges.. So I'd effectively eaten only half of what I had allocated for myself for lunch... I am sitting here now, just a little more than comfortably full, but not ready to PB.

My stomach is saying "Thanks! I'm nicely full", and my brain is saying... "Surely there isn't something else you want to eat? You've hardly touched your lunch!!". I realise that my brain shouldn't be asking these questions, but it does!! I don't understand why I feel so uncomfortable with the fact that I've had so little food for lunch and this is something I'm going to have to deal with (again).

I notice it with dinner as well. I dish myself up in a small bowl how much I "think" I will be able to eat. I get through half and am full (yes, my band is working... the way it should be), yet I sit there and pick at it and eat it until it's finished... which can be sometimes over 1 hour after I first started eating!! That is crazy right? I've got to stop doing that!!!

Have a good day!

LBG xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do the same thing. And was thinking about that today as well. I always pack too much for work. I get worried I won't have enough to eat. I'm going to address this issue starting tomorrow. And I think for a little while Im going to measure my food.