Saturday, May 10, 2008

Feedback..

Thanks guys! I had some great responses to the post I wrote yesterday regarding my calorie intake. I really am in two minds about the whole thing. I've got such conflicting information. When I'm burning 400-600cals per exercise session and eating 1000-1200kcal/day you'd really think that I would be losing weight if to maintain my 89kg body I need close to 2300kcal!! It totally doesn't make sense!! Very perplexing! Yet, it's not all about the number on the scales. I have to keep telling myself that. I'm doing more exercise than I ever have in my whole life. I'm eating well (albiet small portions!) and what I do it is good quality nutritious food (most of the time!). The body is an amazing thing and something I have learnt is that it is very unpredictable... much like life I suppose!

Anyhoo, I'm still sick, but doing OK. The sickness has moved to my head and I've got a bit of a sniffly nose and a sore throat and cough. However, that didn't stop me from getting to the gym this morning. I did 30mins on the treadmill and then a Pump Class, burning me 654kcal! I am loving my new Polar F11 I got, it is so much more accurate than the machines at the gym and I can log all my exercise sessions on line... it's great! The F11 is an exerciser's dream come true. It's a revolutionary heart rate monitor that creates a workout program to tell you how much, how hard and how long to exercise to reach your goals. Brilliant! You strap this electrode belt across your chest just under the bra line and the watch will wirelessly pick up my pulse! It then works out how many cals I'm burning, what HR zone I am in and times my workouts! COOOOOOOOOL!! If you're interested in finding out more... go here: http://www.polar.fi/

Tomorrow I'm doing the Mother's Day Classic Fun Run/Walk. It's a 4km walk for breast cancer. This will be my third year in a row of doing it. The last time I did it, I was 15kg heaver! I'm looking forward to seeing how long I can jog it for this time. I get a medal and everything! Awesome!

Other half goes to NZ this week for work, so I'm fending for myself this week. I've just stocked the freezer with WW meals (on special at the moment for $3.99 each!). I'm going to hit the gym every evening this week and perhaps in the mornings as well!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

LBG xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling OK. Those polar things are cool - they use them at my gym as part of your assessment and I've been coveting one for a little while. Maybe that can be my next reward.