Wednesday, January 21, 2009

All is well

Managed to get down some Risotto last night. I made it myself - delish and healthy. It had bacon, spinach, mushrooms and onion in it with white wine and chicken stock. Nice and wet and easy to eat. Took me 30 mins to get through a cup full. I concentrated on getting the spoon filled with approximately 1 thumbnail bite size on it. Chewed it at least 20 times and make sure I took a break between each spoonful. It was great, and no problems with PB's or getting stuck or anything. I felt pleasantly full and didn't want for anything else. At around 8:30pm I had an icey pole which was delish as well.

Funny how when you follow the rules the band works!

Decided not to go to my follow-up appointment. I'm going to reschedule for 3 months time. It's also a $$$ issue as I didn't budget for it this month..

My trip approval is not approved yet. I had to change my itinerary which unfortunately this added approx $1500 onto the total amount... which now needs to be approved. So while I got original approval for the original trip, because of the changes I have to wait for re-approval.

For those who don't know, I work in Clinical Research as a Project Manager. I manage a regional project that feeds up into a global team, and as such I am responsible for the quality that comes out of the region and conduct of the study. Therefore I need to visit with my associates in the region and ensure that the doctors running the projects at various hospitals are working towards the proper guidelines, the data quality is good and they are following our protocols. I have sites in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Philippines, Taiwan and Korea. I get to travel out to the region around 2-3 times a year. Fingers are firmly crossed that I get this trip approved!! I've never been to Taiwan or Korea!

Have a good hump day!

LBG xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello - Recipe for the risotto please!!!

Fingers crossed your trip gets approved!

Em :)

Melanie said...

Yes, please share the risotto recipe. Your job sounds amazing - I know travelling with work is not the same as holidaying but it's still great to visit far flung places isn't it.