Monday, August 4, 2008

Step Class Madness

I've taken the day off work today to just get over the happenings of the weekend. It's been a pretty full on last week.. cumulating in MIL's death yesterday and the emotions that went along with it. I just need some time out and couldn't deal with work today... tomorrow is a different story though!

This morning I decided that I needed to exercise... I had this craving to move my body, get my pulse rate soaring and to sweat. There is a body step class on Monday's at 9:30am, so I went to that.. I'm uncoordinated at the best of times, so step is a bit of a challenge. Love love loved it! Burnt over 800 cals, HR got up to over 170bpm and average HR was at 151bpm. It got my mind off what's going on at home and had a great time. I only wish they have body step classes after work or on the weekends so that I can go to some more!

Scales are at 86.8kg, not surprising considering that I've barely eated over the last couple of days. Actually, I'm due for TTOM this week, and so I should also be retaining a little fluid as well until the end of the week, so I could see a good result on the scales come the end of the week. It also means that I have finally cracked my next goal of 20% of my body weight lost since I got my band! Go ME!!!

Anyhoo, that's enough from me for today. I'm going to have some lunch, rice with egg... YUM!

Today, for me... take a deep deep breath in and breath it out... and thank your lucky stars that you have a good pair of lungs...

LBG xx

2 comments:

Diz said...

Will you accept a "virtual" hug from a fellow bandster? So sorry to hear about the loss of your MIL. It's really hard on you because your strong for your guy. My thoughts and prayers go with you and your family.

Unknown said...

I think taking that day is the best thing you could do for yourself - and heading off to step was a flash of genius. Steps scare the bejesus out of me too - something to do with my lack of coordination.