Sunday, August 3, 2008

Life and Death..

My MIL passed away at around 10:30am today. She was aged 64 and a half and died of Lung Cancer from Smoking. She fought the battle bravely for 1 year and 4 months after being diagnosed. May she Rest In Peace. Her suffering is finally over.

Haven't felt like eating much today. I've had 2 cups of coffee, some crackers and dip which I promptly PB'd up and trying to get down a cup a soup right now but feel like there is a golf ball stuck in my chest. Amazing how your band seems to react to the way you are feeling. I have had alot of butterflies in my stomach this weekend from what has been going on, and haven't been eating much at all. Even the yoghurt I had yesterday sat in my pouch for more than 4 hours. It wasn't until late in the evening that I felt like having something else to eat.

The funeral will be later this week I guess. A very sad day.

Do me a favour? Hug someone today.. I've been doing alot of that recently... It feels good.

LBG xx

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh hun I am so sad to hear this! Big hugs for you, I will be thinking about you during this sad time.
Love bridget

Unknown said...

After reading the post before this I was kind of expecting it, but it still hits you. I'm sorry to hear this - I'm thinking about you and your husband and the rest of the family right now. Big hugs to you all. Myf xoxo

Banded for life said...

(((( Hugs ))))