Friday, February 15, 2008

Thank God It's Friday!

What a week it has been! I've been up early every day to try and beat the traffic. Why is it when wet stuff falls from the sky Sydney Drivers go 40km slower than the speed limit?? I've also been exercising every day this week and I am paying for it today as that Core Class I did on Wednesday has fucked up my legs and I can hardly walk! Still, I managed a Body Jam session last night and loved loved loved loved loved it! I didn't feel like going yesterday cos I'd had quite a few spews in the afternoon so my chest felt pretty ordinary... but I went, and once I got moving, everything felt better...

Food yesterday was really average:
Breakfast was half a bowl of cereal - stopped at half a bowl cos I was full but managed to keep it down..
Lunch was 2 spoonfuls of roast vegetable cous cous salad which I sicked up
Afternoon tea was a scotch finger biscuit and a green tea, which I sicked up
When I got home from work I ate 3 rice thins, which I sicked up
Dinner was half a rissole, cheese, sour cream and some tomato relish, which I ate.. and then sicked up
Supper was mango and jelly which I managed to keep down.

What a nightmare of a day yesterday with my food! You would think that my weight would be plumetting in a downwards spiral at the moment, but I'm still 92kg and can't work out for the life of me why I haven't moved on the scales!!!! Very very frustrating as I have been exercising for at least 45 mins every day of this week!

Today I'm taking it easy with my food.. nothing ambitious - no vegetables, soft fruits. I'm out for dinner tonight and I'm going to order either a soup or a curry but I'm going to stick to just the juices and a little rice. Tough one because I haven't told many people that I'm banded and with the trouble I've been having since my last fill, it's going to be awkward if I need to get up to go to the bathroom every so often!!

Hope everyone had a lovely valentines day!

LBG xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I have been reading your blog and can relate to alot of your feelings being a fellow bandit.

After reading your blog today I thought I would comment, I hope that is ok?

I really think your band is too tight. My understanding of being banded is that it should restrict the volume of what you can eat, not make you spew everything up. Your body needs the nutrients and the calories from the food to function properly (I'm sure you know all that) and if you can't keep anything down, it is probably resisting losing weight because your body thinks it is in starvation mode.

I lose weight fairly consistently with my band (some weeks better than others). It isn't so tight that I spew. I have spewed only twice in the time I have had it, because I didn't chew my food properly and just gulped it on down (a hard way to learn to chew!)
I DO have to use willpower occasionally to control impulse moments, but I would rather that than be spewing all the time.

Please take or leave my comment, I was just concerned to read about how often you were not keeping food down.

Wishing you only the very best,
Jen

Anonymous said...

hi, i too have read your blog and i have been considering banding and to be honest, i will not be going ahead with the appointment. 5,000 plus dollars to have myself vomit every day is just not worth it for me.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a bad day. Is there anything else going on that could be contributing? Even without fill, I'm conscious that my band feels tighter if I'm stressed and I struggle to get stuff down. Hope things are on the improve.