Thursday, February 7, 2008

My New Favourite Food

Tuna and Salmon Sashimi. In other words - RAW FISH. Fucking to-die-for. I was a bit skeptical about trying it, but when I had some sashimi in some sushi (totally by accident) the other day, I decided that it wasn't that bad, and that I should take the plunge and give raw fish (on its own) a go. Am I glad I did? Absolutely! I was a bit worried though about the whole food poisoning thing. Being in a foreign country, having a band, feeling nasty vomiting my guts up with the high risk for a slippage... not cool.

This is why I like Sashimi:
1. It's bloody tasty - but not fishy slimey, tasty - wonderful, fresh, velvety, slightly fishy tasty
2. My band LOVES sashimi - it's got the texture where it literally melts in your mouth, yet it's all protein so you get full off it really quickly
3. Its packed full of nutrients - good fats, omega 3
4. The portion sizes it comes in (al-la sushi train style) is PERFECT for us bandits

It is my new favourite food. I had it for lunch AND dinner last night and I swear I could have it for breakfast as well!! *lol*

So if you're banded and you're forced into a sushi train adventure with your sushi loving friends, give the Sashimi a go! (My band only likes 2 small pieces of sushi normally). Instead of wondering where the nearest toilet is, you'll be wondering when the next piece of Sashimi will be making its way round the train.

I leave the Philippines this afternoon. I was only in Manila for 4 days. It is a Mad city, and I hope I get to come back again!!

Oh oh, before I leave you today - I went shopping at a mall close to where I was working yesterday, and ... *so excited*.... I bought a skirt and top in a size..... 16... fucking awesome! Fucking fucking awesome. I tried on the 18 and thought... I could go lower.... and boy, I went lower... 16 is COMFORTABLE... not squeezy tight fat roll hanging over the top... but fuck I look great in this top and skirt comfortable. I was in such a good mood I worked out at the gym for 1 hour last night and wanted to do more..

I say it again, I love my band!

Cheers!

LBG

P.S. Reney - dude, excellent idea re the WonTons. Will definitely give that one a go
P.P.S MJW - you'll be fine come september - you'll know what your limits are with your food, just make sure you're in an aisle seat and perhaps keep an empty bottle close by! Oh, and those sick bags do the job pretty well too!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the reaassurance about September - it has been at the back of my mind a little :)

I'm so excited about sashimi - I'm on solids from tomorrow and I was planning on heading to the Japanese place to pick up some lunch - bring it on!

Congratulations on the size 16 - so exciting!