Sunday, June 6, 2010

37 weeks!! Officially full term!

So our little guy could come at any time now and everything would be ok! Can't believe we're finally at that point in the pregnancy. Seems like yesterday I was peeing on a stick and seeing 2 pink lines pop up clear as day. I'm still a little bit in denial about the whole labour and birth thing. I mean, I know he's got to come out somehow but I still don't feel like he's huge enough to cause me any pain.

I am definitely feeling slow and tired now. I finished work on Friday and am now going to take it easy until b-day. I did go to the gym yesterday and managed 30mins on the bike but it was tough going. I'm not sure if I'm going to get to the gym unless it's for swimming from now on cos I felt quite a few BH contractions while on the bike.

My band is now super tight as I enter the last few weeks of pregnancy. The morning is the worst. I drink water or tea and it sits there for half an hour. I either throw it up or try to let it go down. If I throw it up the band seems to loosen a bit but I can still only get porridge or coffee down until lunch. Lunch is a cup of soup and half a cheese sandwich mainly because the heartburn has kicked in and i need something fairly bland. Then I have some chocolate or something easy to get down in the afternoon like yoghurt or a glass or milk just to give me some energy. When I get home from work I grab myself a small bowl full of corn chips to munch on. Dinner is probably the only proper meal I can get down but it can take me up to an hour to eat. I make sure I have a good portion of vege at dinner. Then I have a glass of milk before bed. I'm supposed to be eating up to 2400 cals per day during this part of the pregnancy! Crazy. Looking forward to relieving the pressure of the baby on my stomach and lungs when he's out. My portions are tiny at the moment!! I guess on the flip side i'm maintaining my weight which is great considering this would be the time when most women gain the most weight cos bubs is putting on 30g of fat/day or around 250g per week!

Anyhoo, thanks for reading. Hope everyone has a great Sunday. I'll be sure to post a little more often now that I'm off work and will have more time on my hands (well until baby gets here)!!

LBG xx

2 comments:

brent said...

more time huh?

:)

Anonymous said...

Exciting times - not long now and you'll meet your beautiful boy. Good Luck. I've been following your blog since I was banded in Jan...have now found out I'm 6 weeks pregnant with my second child, so hope things go as smoothly with the band and pregnancy for me as it seems to have with you.xx