Thursday, August 6, 2009

I heart food

I forgot how much I loved cooking and fresh good food. I cooked a spaghetti bolagnase tonight and had a bit of pasta which I managed to get down no problems. For a long time I wasn't putting the effort into cooking because I knew I wouldn't enjoy it or taste it a second time anyway!! No PB'ing since I got the fill taken out - not once! I definitely have more energy now and I'm eating loads of veges salads and protein. I've made a lovely salsa for lunch tomorrow which I'm going to have with Turkey breast... Mmm!

My sister still hasn't approached me regarding her new found knowledge. I'm not going to say anything and just carry on as normal. Weird thing is, is that she knows I know, and I know she knows... so not sure what's going to happen the next time we see each other!!

In other news.. my cast comes off tomorrow. So excited because it means I can step up the exercise again! YAY! No boxing though... :(

So all is well in my world! Hope all is well in yours!

LBG xx

P.S I've rebooked my barium swallow just to check that all is working correctly in there. 14th August. Bloods will be taken 31st August and I have my next appointment with my surgeon on 4th September. We'll decide then if I need more fill in or if I can stay as is. At the moment, my level of fill is pretty good... I really don't want to go any tighter.. The restriction level is perfect!

3 comments:

THE DASH! said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better, that must be the relief of the century!

Anonymous said...

Can't remember if I commented or not (work internet has been dodgy). Great that you're feeling better and you're getting rid of the cast. Hope the Barium swallow goes ok. I'm going to ask for one next week.

Em

Unknown said...

All the cool people are doing their swallows on the 14th :)

So glad you have the cast off - that will make such a difference.

And cooking - didn't matter how much I couldn't eat, I was still loving it - I guess it was still my connection to food. When I got some down - massive celebration.