I kept a food diary this week on the request of my personal trainer.. I am down on my protein intake every day. Way way down. Even when I have a protein shake in the morning, I'm still missing out on around 25-50% of the protein amount I should be having with the types of exercises I am doing. So this week it's going to be more of a focus around protein. So, I've made a list of the types of proteins that I'm going to try and consume this week:
1. Eggs - My PT has told me to have 2 eggs every day, but just the whites, not the yolks ...
2. Cottage Cheese - This one is hit and miss with me. I'll buy a small one and see how it goes but I really have to be in the mood for it
3. Protein Powder - just bought myself a big tub of the Protein Whey Isolate that I can mix with different things or just have as a protein shake on it's own. 30g of the powder is 25g pure protein and 100 cals. I added it to Porridge this morning and it's been 2 hours and I'm still really full.
4. 50g portions of chicken and ham. You can get these at the supermarket already prepackaged so all you have to do is snap one apart and you're good to go!
5. Fish - I'm loving Atlantic Salmon at the moment, so I'm going to have this baby at least once this week... a little pricey so I'll see how I go.. maybe twice.
6. Lentils - a good source of secondary proteins if I don't feel like any animal protein. I added lentils to my vege soup last night and it really bulked it up - and hubby didn't have a clue I put any in there !! hehe
My PT has said that because I'm doing 3 resistance training sessions and 3 tough cardio sessions a week I should be consuming way more protein that I am... So that's the aim for this week.
This week was a great exercise week:
Monday Pump 60 mins (450 cals)
Tuesday Spin 45 mins (550 cals)
Wednesday Boxing 60 mins (600 cals)
Thursday Pump 60 mins (400 cals)
Friday - Rest Day
Saturday Spin 45 mins (550 cals)
Sunday PT session 60 mins (620 cals)
Total time: 5 hours 30 mins
Total cals: 3170 cals
Next week I'm planning on the following exercise sessions:
Monday Pump 6am
Tuesday Spin 6:15am
Wednesday Boxing 6am and MAYBE 6:30pm pilates
Thursday Pump 6am
Saturday Spin 8:30am
Sunday PT sessions 9am
OK, that's all from me this weekend. I'm off to read some blogs, then it's off to Bunnings!