Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008, Hello 2009!

My goodness... where did the year go? And what a year it has been..! So many ups and downs... good times and not so good...

The highlights of my year:
1. My Wedding Day
2. Job Promotion in July
3. My amazing honeymoon (learning to Ski and scuba dive in the space of 2 weeks... fantastic!)
4. Spending time with my wonderful family in Thailand (with more gorgeous experiences to go along with it).

The lowlights of my year:
1. The death of a close family member... sad times, tough times... and more still to come!

Through it all I managed to lose weight... not as much as I would have liked, but I still lost none the less!

Next year I'm focusing more on health and wellbeing, rather than weight loss. Putting such an emphasis on the scales has done my head in, numerous times, and I'm sick of my moods being dictated by a silly number on the scales!! It's going to be all about good wholesome foods, getting back to basics and really focusing on what is in the foods I am eating. I want to get rid of as much processed crap as I can.

Goals for 2009:
1. 70kg by Christmas 2009
2. 76kg by June 2009
3. Pay off my personal loan
4. Finish painting our apartment
5. Finish the lighting in our apartment
6. Buy a house and sell our apartment
7. If all goes well, at the end of the year, start trying for babies!

A very very very very exciting year ahead!

So, to all of my faithful followers out there, and to those who are lurkers, soon to be bandits or just randomly surfing the net... I want to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Here's to our wonderful silicone friend!

LBG xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent goals there LBG!

All the best in 2009,

Em :)

Unknown said...

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Alan Kay


Happy New Year!!!