Thursday, March 11, 2010

24 weeks 4 days

I know, it’s been a while. Things are great with bubs and I. I’m now in my 25th week and just starting to loose a little bit of energy. That spark I had early in the 2nd trimester has definitely started to fade a little as I get nearer to the 3rd trimester. Can’t believe I’ll actually be in the 3rd trimester in a little under 3 weeks!

I have had a wonderful time over the last few weeks just getting to feel my baby move more and more. He has definite periods of activity and sleeping and they are pretty much the same every day. Some days he’ll be more active than others. On Monday he threw a massive party and did some crazy somersaults. Now his head is up near my ribs and he’s River Dancing on my bladder and cervix – causing a few jumps from me when he decides to get going. I hope he flips again so his head is down low cos I enjoyed feeling him kick higher up, and also hubby could feel him more.

I had my ob appointment yesterday and have registered another 1kg gain in 4 weeks. My ob is happy with my weight gain so far, and is glad that I continue to swim and walk. My heartburn continues also, and is worse after some foods so I've been taking Mylanta for the really bad episodes, but at least I haven't had night reflux or anything. Hope that doesn't start happening!

12 more weeks of work left and it couldn't come soon enough. I am tired all the time, due to lack of good quality sleep but I'm coping OK at the moment.Don't know how I'm going to be when I'm 34 weeks pregnant though!

Thanks for reading. I'll trying to post more often, promise!

LBG xx

2 comments:

carla said...

3d trimester is the hardest for sure. It is so weird when you can feel the baby doign all kinds of crazy things in side of you!!!
Good job keeping the weight gain uner control and keeping up with teh exercise!!

brent said...

Good luck.

And get some R and R while you can - a weekend away with just two of you. It might be a fair while before you get another chance.