Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Into the 6th Week!

Rupert celebrated being 5 weeks yesterday so I'm officially in my sixth week. Rupert is now the size of an orange seed. Starting to feel the nausea a little more and intense tireness. Imagine having a lunch full of carbs and having that crash mid afternoon - now, times that by 100 and that's what it feels like for me from around 10am until I go to bed. The nausea only happens in the morning at the moment and generally goes by mid morning, once I've had something to eat. I've been a little tight with my band over the past couple of days so haven't been able to eat much, so the nausea has lingered a little. Today I'm going to eat little and often and see how that goes.

Still petrified that I'm going to lose the little tiny thing thats growing inside of me. I've heard of so many people having miscarriages right up to week 12, I still have over half way to go until the end of the first trimester when the threat of miscarraiges drops by 98%!! Half of all miscarraiges happen before the woman even finds out she's pregnant, so fingers crossed this little guy (or girl) is stuck in their nice and good and is growing well.

Over the next few weeks is when most of it's organs grow, so it is extremely sensitive to toxins etc.. So I'm being extremely cautious about eating artificial sweetener and caffeine..

Hope everyone is well!

LBG xx

3 comments:

THE DASH! said...

Oh, how well I remember that tiredness and the nausea. The nausea is actually a really good sign your little orange seed is on its way to a plant. He/she is embedded in well and truly.
Chin up. I understand you're nervous but just keep doing what you are doing and things should progress.

brent said...

you're going to kick yourself if you end up sticking with the name of rupert.

my friend named his company with the working title because come registration date they couldn't come up with anything better....

Jess said...

The tiredness is how I knew I was pregnant with my second (unexpected) one. I said "Hey, I've felt this tired before, hmmmm." And your carb-crash x 10 description is perfect!