Saturday, September 29, 2007

Weight loss has picked up!

Down to 93.8kg this weigh in. Definitely comes down to the increased amount of exercise I am doing now that I'm fully recovered from my surgery.

I went out to dinner with my family last night. My family don't know about my band. All being very health conscious they were asking me what I was doing to lose the weight. "Smaller Portions and Exercising" is my usual reply. I'm not telling a lie, I'm just not mentioning that I have something that helps me along a little. I feel bad lying to them, especially when I am now 12kg lighter than my sister (I've always been the largest sister). But, I feel like this is my journey and I need to do this on my own. I will tell them eventually, but I don't feel ready at the moment. I think I still need to prove to myself that I can do it, lose the weight, get down to my goal weight and keep it off for a while.

But seeing my sister last night made my heart ache for her (she's gained 7kg since I last saw her in May!). Knowing that I could but won't give her the information and advice she desparately needs to help her lose weight was making me feel really guilty. I hate seeing her overweight and miserable, but I couldn't bring myself to confide in her about my lap band, because my family is so close I KNOW it will get out even if I ask her not to say anything to Mum and Dad.

One day I'll tell them... just not now :) and I'm OK with that.

200g to go until I've lost 15kg since the banding... bring on the 80's!!!

LBG xx

No comments: